Monday, July 17, 2006

A trip down memory lane

Staying in the dorms at the Leadership Institute program transports me back in time almost 50 years to my army days. Living with the youngsters is such a treat. The most obvious difference is they sleep late while like most older people I just can't!

Most delicious is I got the private room in the men's dorm. reserved for the "chaperone". In the army the squad leader got it. Upon arrival I set up my stuff on a regular bunk but one of my folks found out the room was available. Turned out another student not knowing of me found it before I did but decided not to take it because he thought it should go to a future president of the United States!

For 4-5 more days I'll be 18 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google