Monday, May 29, 2006

This is what real grassroots political support means

(My volunteer campaign staff the March '06 GOP meeting in Memphis.)

Paul replies to my e-mail pasted below his. Will help him with the extra cost for gas to take him off his route to Georgia to pick up his little girl for their summer vacation together.

From: "Paul
To: "MARK KLEIN, M.D." Subject:
Re: Paul--Realize this is last minute. Want to join us at the GOP Texas convention in San Antonio 6/1-3?
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:27:02 -0700

Dear Mister President:

I would love to join you all in San Antonio, unfortunately my ability to buy Gas is very limited at the moment. I am starting to travel East to pick up My daughter for the Summer visitation period and money is really tight. San Antonio is way south of my planned route. I could be finished packing and leave tomorrow. The Des Moines rally would be very near my route to Georgia. The estimated cost of gas just for my summer trip is over 1100 dollars so on my income you can see just how tight that makes my finances. I have to be in Georgia on the 20th of June.

I recently added a PA system to my truck, hoping it would be of use at some point in the rallies for special anouncements or helping to organize the groups and information. It can, with an adaptor, be used inside the Exhibit hall. It requires a 110/12 volt adapter. I was planning on picking one up.

If you were willing to pay my gas receipts to get there, I woud be very happy to come and help out in San Antonio and Des Moines, just the gas that is needed to take me off my route to get there. I will have my daughter for nearly two months once I pick her up in Georgia or I would beable to come without any help on the gas.

I appologize for having to ask, but the memphis trip really set me back, I fully support you, I just can not afford to travel so far off my planned route without some help on the gas. I will understand if you choose not to help

I thank you for remembering me and wish I could do more to help you. Good Luck in all you do and God Bless. Your friend and supporter.

----- Original Message -----
From: MARK KLEIN, M.D.
To: Paul
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 10:40 AM
Subject: Paul--Realize this is last minute. Want to join us at the GOP Texas convention in San Antonio 6/1-6/3

They were very tight about vendor passes. Have a few extras. Exhibit setup is on 6/1 and the convention occurs June 2-3.

Rented about the same size booth as Memphis this time in a premium location at the entrance of the exhibit hall. Should be about 20,000 attendees. Likely be meeting with NCP activists about setting up an organization for 2008 primaries. Probably will happen in Austin on 6/4.

Below is the brochure and lapel sticker to distribute at the meeting.

We're also going to the Iowa GOP meeting June 17 in Des Moines. Might be able to swing a pass for you but I can't promise at this point.

Mark

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google