Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Thoughts about my trip

I'm distressed by the GOP's poor prospects for 2006 and 2008 which is the largely the result of the party's "Emperor's New Clothes" attitude.

Got a very hostile reception today from heavy weight conservatives when in reply to how I felt about Iraq, I said the war was lost and we should pull out. Pointed out the situation reminded me of Viet Nam. Much of my audience was too young to have a clear memory of that debacle.

To add fuel to the fire I added Iraq really isn't a natural state. Rather it was created by the British after WWI from the remains of the Ottoman Empire. The pashas weren't fools. The Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites so hated each other they had separate provinces. That's why only a hardnose tyrant like Saddam could keep the lid on. My suggestion Iraq be allowed to break up was poorly received.

I remain absolutely appalled by the party's abusive treatment of me in the straw poll vote in Memphis. For all the palaver during the Cold War about bringing democracy to the Soviets and their satellites, they applied totalitarian style election manipulative tricks against me.

What bothers me the most is the party's lack of interest in effectivley addressing issues which affect people's everyday lives, e.g. housing costs, etc..

Very pleased by how much I accomplished. I'm now very close to being on the national political radar scope.

HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google