Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Report from Pittsburgh

My proposal to sell the company lost but I got enough votes to resubmit next year.

As I anticipated, the meeting was very sparsely attended given it's the last week of August. The company's annual face to face with the shareholders, mostly retirees, lasted just 60 minutes of which about 30 consisted of watching Heinz promos of ordinary folks wolfing down lots and lots of obesity inducing calories.

Demo outside the venue went very well. Good turnout. Very moved by the welcome and offers of support I received. Heard some very sad stories. If "financial lightening" struck to enable me make a serious run for the White House, I'm convinced there are enough constituencies from the various varieties of America's walking wounded now just roadkill for braindead, and sometimes intentionally malevolent, government policy to win the presidency.

Today is a day I shan't ever forget. Off now for the benefit luncheon and strategy meeting with my supporters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google