Monday, June 06, 2005

Banned again at Harvard!!!!!!!!

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:01:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: "MARK KLEIN, M.D." View Contact Details
Subject: Banned again at Harvard's Office of President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
To: "Sean Buffington" , dan_moriarty@harvard.edu, doreen_koretz@harvard.edu, howard_stevenson@harvard.edu, kathleen_buckley@harvard.edu, lawrence_summers@harvard.edu, news@thecrimson.com


Of course, Sean, I'll remove you from my mailing list. Why would the office of Harvard's president expose itself to non-pc thought? Bet right up to the moment the Soviet Union suddenly imploded into the mists of history mail from discontents like me were automatically deep sixed. We ask the impertinent question. Coperincus did and shook the foundations of Renaisance Europe. Darwin asked it and redefined humankind's very sense of itself. Civilization has always advanced in the shimmering wake of its discontents.

Sean Buffington wrote: Pls remove my email address from this list. Thank you.

(Sean apparently lost it after reading an example of my fan mail below.)

Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:16:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: @yahoo.com> View Contact Details
Subject: Conservatism
To: mark@drmarkklein.com
Dear Doctor Klein,

Yours was an extraordinary page on page 40 of the May
30-Jun 5 weekly edition of the Washington Times. I am
sure that you will receive many clunks and cranks in
response. I just want you to know that you are not
talking to just yourself, although I must admit that
there is a certain amount of satisfaction to be
derived from venting (I write letters to my local
smalltown newspaper).

I will extend my copy the Times over a
wider-than-usual circulation while thanking you for
the courage and audacity to even contemplate, let
alone execute, such a well-considered and
well-presented piece of straight talk.

To borrow a cheer from the younger members of my clan,
RIGHT ON!

xxx, M.D.

[Who am I? Small town Family Physician, retired from
active practice, but not from the world, after 50
years (including a 7 year stint in academia with Univ
of Tenn College of Medicine in the city)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google